Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Back in 1952...


Today, I again traveled to Escazu to tutor the four children in English; it gets better each time I go. They are becoming more comfortable around me, and in turn I am able to teach more clearly. The week is going a little slower than usual, but then again we only have two days until the weekend; however, I do not mind work at all. There is one kid giving me a bit of a problem; but today for some reason he was well-behaved. I know he does not have a father figure at home, so it makes my approach a little different hopefully resembling a male role model. Knowing that, he in turn has made me more appreciative of the male role models I have in my life, namely my father.
In other news, I have a yearbook picture that perhaps ya'll will find funny...it is supposed to be me in the year 1952...enjoy.

3 comments:

Kris said...

I think the ill-behaved child reminds me of your father! I can say that, because I am family.
Also, I enjoyed the Pedro Aruppe quote and have used it in the last week.
You look well and you seem to be adjusting to CR.
Stay safe--Love, Krissy

The MIZ said...

Hi Ed,
You would have been a real "preppie" in the 50's.(that's a good thing). Love the picture, it's a hoot. I don't think you are ever to old to start something new. I look forward to reading your blog. Keep it up. Miss you
Love, Grandma S

kathy gaul said...

Ed...the picture is too funny!!
It brought tears to my eyes when you mentioned your male role models...sometimes life makes you appreciate what you take for granted. In the same breath, Krissy's comment made me laugh as to who the ill-behaved child reminded her of. Enjoy your weekend.

Kathy Gaul