Sunday, June 21, 2009

Back from Laziness and the Beach

It appears I have not had a post in quite sometime now. As the old adage goes, better late than never. May has gone by, and we are currently in June. I have three weeks left in Costa Rica and two weeks left at my work site. It feels that this year has passed by rapidly; but at sometimes like it felt that the departure date could not come soon enough, usually on days of complete rain.
Nothing too worthy of note has occurred in the past month; basically keeping the mission in motion and trying to live in the present; which proves to be difficult at times. I have started a book recommended by Mike Joyce and gifted to me by Santa Claus. It is called "Think and Grow Rich" and it is an awesome book written by Napoleon Hill about the keys and traits necessary to carry out in life to accumulate riches, both monetary and other. Organized planning, decision, faith, persistence and desire are a few to name.
In more recent news, I headed to the pacific coast with Mike this weekend, possibly being the last time I will be at the beaches of Costa Rica for a long time. It was excellent laughs as per usual coupled with a little sunburn, but that's normal with two pale complexions and a bottle of 6 SPF. It felt a little bittersweet, because we have built a pretty solid friendship over this past year, and when I head out in three weeks, I am not only saying to Costa Rica, coworkers and community members, but also a good friend. Luckily, he will be returning to the US at some point to start up his family with his newly acquired fiance, which makes keeping in contact easier.
With that said, I look forward to seeing all who are reading this blog in a few short weeks!

3 comments:

kathy gaul said...

Ed,

Wow...a whole year...that is amazing! Can't wait to see you on the 17th, and look forward to hearing about your experiences. Enjoy your last few weeks. The Gaul family misses you.

Kathy

mama said...

Teddie,
I am glad C.R. has been good for you. I do not want to wish time away, but i cannot wait until you are back in the states. It will be good to have all my kids under one roof, even if for a short time. We will have to send dad to the Lakewood Manor for a week.!
Love,
Mama

The MIZ said...

ED,
Your time is almost up in CR. It's been great to communicate with you via your blog. Can't wait for you to be back in the USA.
Miss you and will see you soon.
Love Grandma S